The Legacy SF170 is a compact, flexible and powerful heating option. It burns wood, or three different sizes of coal. A domestic hot water coil lets you supplement home heating with hot water, too.
- 90,000 BTUs — heats 1,500 to 3,800 square feet, based on climate and home efficiency
- Harman Grate System extends heating by completely burning fuel to fine ash
- Spiral chamber ensures consistent heat levels
- Pea, nut or stove-sized coal, plus lump bituminous
- Domestic coil option
- New! High quality powder coat finish!
- New! Increased heat exchange surface area!
- New! ASME H Stamp included
- New! UL Certification included
Key Features & Technologies
Learn more about key product features and technologies.
Is This Product Right for You?
The amount of heat produced by a heating appliance is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs). One BTU represents the amount of energy required to raise the temperature of 1 lb. of water by 1 degree F.
Generally, more BTUs correlate to greater heating potential. However, the amount of BTUs needed to heat a specific area varies, based on climate and home efficiency.
Maintenance for Coal Stoves and Boilers
Get the most out of your hearth product by staying up-to-date on basic maintenance and care. Some maintenance activities you can perform include:
- Inspecting and cleaning the glass with a non-abrasive cleaner weekly
- Inspecting the firebox, and cleaning and removing any debris with a cloth or stiff brush monthly
- Inspecting the door and lid gaskets every heating season
- Inspecting the blower, exhaust path and all venting components for blockages, build-up or debris, and removing any obstructions every heating season
A certified hearth professional can help inspect your venting, and inspect or clean all other needed elements. Plan to have a local professional inspect your appliance annually. And always be sure your appliance is off and completely cooled before performing any maintenance.
Consult the installation/owner’s manual for more detailed information on maintenance.
|Heating Capacity*||1,500 – 3,800 sq ft.|
Heat output will vary depending on the type of fuel used. The flame and ember appearance may vary based on the type of fuel burned and the venting configuration used. Actual product appearance, including flame may differ from image shown. Refer to the Owners Manual for complete clearance requirements and specifications. Product specifications and pricing subject to change without notice. For testing and listing information please refer to the owners/installation manual.
*For select products: Heating capacity to be used as a guide only. See your local dealer for help in determining the product that best suits your heating needs based on climate and home efficiency.
†For wood-burning appliances: Actual burn times will vary based on how the appliance is operated, load size, moisture content and type of wood used, and installation.