The SF3500 is a hot-air furnace built to maintain clean, consistent temperatures throughout your entire home. An advanced filtering system and automatic blowers help ensure warmth and comfort all year round.
- 170,000 BTUs — heats 2,400 to 4,200+ square feet, based on climate and home efficiency
- Legacy Stoves Grate System extends heating by completely burning fuel to fine ash
- Spiral chamber ensures consistent heat levels
- 22″ maximum log length (Wood for fire startup only!*) / pea, nut or stove-sized coal
Is This Product Right for You?
(Wood for fire startup only!*)(Wood for fire startup only!*)The amount of heat produced by a heating appliance is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs). One BTU represents the amount of energy required to raise the temperature of 1 lb. of water by 1 degree F.
Generally, more BTUs correlate to greater heating potential. However, the amount of BTUs needed to heat a specific area varies, based on climate and home efficiency.
Get the most out of your hearth product by staying up-to-date on basic maintenance and care. Some annual maintenance activities you can perform include:
- Inspecting the chimney and termination cap (where the exhaust exits the home) for blockages, build-up or debris, and removing any obstructions
- Inspecting and cleaning the glass, doors, fronts and surrounds with a non-abrasive cleaner
- Removing ashes into a sealed container until disposal, and inspecting the fire grate
- A certified hearth professional can help clean the chimney, and inspect all other fireplace elements. Plan to have a local professional clean/inspect your appliance annually. And always be sure your appliance is off and completely cooled before performing any maintenance.
Consult the installation/owner’s manual for more detailed information on maintenance.
*As of 2017, the hot air furnaces are no longer EPA approved for continuous firing with wood