Opel 3 Plus
Uniquely Designed Single Door
The Opel is available either as a catalytic, Plus version, or noncatalytic fireplace. Both offer the same beautiful cast iron door options (single or double) and ultra-high efficiency to keep your family warm.
The Opel Plus series has taken the Opel family of fireplaces to the next level. EPA certified at 0.7g/hr makes the Opel Plus one of the most advanced and cleanest units available on the market today, yet it still maintains its classic styling. In the past, Popular Science Magazine has recommended the Opel for its efficiency and reduction of emissions. Over the years this technology has only improved and been refined to make the Opel Plus what it is today.
- EPA Certified to comply with 2020 particulate emission standards at 0.7 g/hr.
- Large 3.6 cubic feet firebox allowing overnight burns
- BTU Output range 10,000 to 70,000
- Heating capacity up to 3000 ft2
Catalyst Care Tips:
- Burn natural wood only. Do not burn chemical chimney cleaners, chemically treated wood, driftwood, construction scrap or garbage in your unit.
- Purchase the optional Digital Temperature Display (FO-DTD) to monitor the temperature of your catalyst.
- Maintain a healthy catalyst temperature between 175°C (350°F) and 700°C (1300°F). Prolonged high or low temperatures may shorten the life of your Opel catalyst.
- Remove cooled ash from the face of the catalyst by brushing it gently with a soft bristle brush (e.g. paint brush). Vacuum use near the face of the catalyst to remove the remaining ash is permitted; however avoid direct contact with the catalyst unit.
- Limit cleaning to the visible face of the catalyst only. Attempting to clean the individual catalyst openings may do more harm than good. Scrapers or hard bristle brushes are never recommended.
37″ W X 52 1/4″ H X 24″ D
Glass viewing size
22 ¼” W x 14 9/16″ H
3.6 cubic feet
Black Single Door
4″, meets R2000
Mobile Home Approved
BTU Output Range
10,000 to 70,000
1,500 to 3,000 ft2