Opel 3 Plus
Uniquely Designed Single Door
The Opel Plus series has taken the Opel family of fireplaces to the next level. EPA certified at 0.7g/hr makes the Opel Plus one of the most advanced and cleanest units available on the market today, yet it still maintains its classic styling. In the past, Popular Science Magazine has recommended the Opel for its efficiency and reduction of emissions. Over the years this technology has only improved and been refined to make the Opel Plus what it is today.
Catalyst Care Tips:
- Burn natural wood only. Do not burn chemical chimney cleaners, chemically treated wood, driftwood, construction scrap or garbage in your unit.
- Purchase the optional Digital Temperature Display (FO-DTD) to monitor the temperature of your catalyst.
- Maintain a healthy catalyst temperature between 175°C (350°F) and 700°C (1300°F). Prolonged high or low temperatures may shorten the life of your Opel catalyst.
- Remove cooled ash from the face of the catalyst by brushing it gently with a soft bristle brush (e.g. paint brush). Vacuum use near the face of the catalyst to remove the remaining ash is permitted; however avoid direct contact with the catalyst unit.
- Limit cleaning to the visible face of the catalyst only. Attempting to clean the individual catalyst openings may do more harm than good. Scrapers or hard bristle brushes are never recommended.
DOCUMENTS AND SPECS
Opel 3 Plus
Note: The installation manual should always be used for the precise planning and accurate installation of your fireplace.
|Outside Dimensions||37″ W X 52 1/4″ H X 24″ D|
|Shipping weight||553 lb|
|Glass viewing size||22 ¼” W x 14 9/16″ H|
|Firebox Size||3.6 cubic feetBased on overall firebox dimensions, EPA official firebox dimensions are smaller.|
|Door Finish||Black Single Door|
|Outside Air||4″, meets R2000All RSF models come equipped to accept a 4″ outside air duct, a 5″ can also be used. All models can also be installed to operate using room air.|
|Mobile Home Approved||NO|
|BTU Output Range||10,000 to 70,000Actual BTU output depends on many factors, but primarily on the quality of the wood burned.|
|Heating Capacity||1,500 to 3,000 ft2Depends primarily on wood quality, ambient air temperature and building heat loss.|
|EPA Certified||0.7 g/hr|
|Optimal Efficiency||80%Low Heating Value (LHV), using data generated under the best circumstances and CSA B415.1-10 calculations.|